Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

Monday 6 December 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it sss....hmmm on second thoughts!

For many the prospect of snow is a welcome one, the chance to kick back and re-connect with your childhood, sledging, snowman building, snowball fighting and possibly, if you are really lucky, a day off work!

For a mother with very young, pram bound children, the prospect of snow is most definitely not a welcome one! It means you are confined to your house and a very limited area immediately surrounding it. Luckily for me, well guess it actually depends on how you look at it, maybe fortunately for me (with last weeks snow) I live across the road from a major supermarket with built in cafe facilities. So at least had slightly less limited options when it came to entertaining my toddler because dragging the pram through snow, ice and blizzards, puffing and panting and sweating like...well a very sweaty person, is not my idea of fun in the snow! Our local council worked extremely hard this time to make sure that they kept the roads as snow-free and passable as possible. However what they failed to remember was that us mothers cannot 'drive' our prams down the road! Well we could but am not sure you would do it more than once, if you catch my drift (ohh look an unintentional snow pun, how clever of me). 

This is my second year as a snow mum and I have to say I am not yet convinced that the world is a better place just because it's covered in a blanket of white! 

No comments:

Post a Comment