Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

Tuesday 2 March 2010

That I would be loved...


One of my favourite songs is Alanis Morissettes 'That I would be good'.

The lyrics have always spoken to me at different points in my life for different reasons.

I realised tonight, whilst settling Emily for bed, that all she really wants is love. Recently she has started to understand the concept of love more (in her limited child-like way). She reaches out so she can be held, she offers you kisses and cuddles without having to be coerced. And this morning she stroked mummy's head because I think she understands that this is a sign of affection, this is what mummy does to help her get to sleep. With her ever growing confidence and blossoming personality comes a strong love and affection for the people around her that are special and important in her life.

To be loved is one of the most precious things that life can provide and the fact that my daughter is starting to understand this already just makes me love her more!

No comments:

Post a Comment