Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

Tuesday 22 June 2010

Other peoples children!

Today I took my daughter to a new toddlers group and we had a fantastic time, lovely big room, lots of toys and space to move around in. The only thing to dampen the mood was a particularly nasty little 3 year old boy that thought it would be fun to run into Emily on his scooter, twice, knocking her over both times. She cried the first time but luckily the second time didn't seem too bothered. 

I am not massively overprotective of my daughter, however it did upset me when I saw this happening and particularly as his mother wasn't even paying attention to him at the time. Now I know that as mothers we are expected to have eyes in the backs of our head and various other places and it is hard to continually watch your child but for her to allow this to happen to someone else child, twice, is just careless on her part. It would seem that Emily was not the only child he chose to terroise, as he was moving about the room knocking into various children and throwing things around. 

I had to tell him the second time to leave her alone as his mother clearly wasn't going to. He gave me such a look! Damian and the omen springs to mind! 

I have never really been a huge fan of other peoples children, however I have mellowed a lot since having Emily. Her little friend Louie is adorable! And there were definitely some very lovely children at this group, who enjoyed playing nicely. So I guess I shouldn't let one little boy ruin everything, and I must also remember that a child does not understand right from wrong and that it is our job, as parents, to show them. So maybe I'll be having a word with her next time, not just her son.

He did fall over on his way back to his mother and myself and Theresa couldn't help but smile. Bad, bad, bad woman that we are! Ha, ha, ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment