Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

Wednesday 18 August 2010

You'd better stop rewind...

When did I start doing everything backwards? I always seem to adopt the more unconventional approach to life, not really through choice but more through habit. I have always done everything out of order so it has become the norm. 


Like having the child first, before the engagement, the wedding, the house. Even my DIY is out of wack, decorate a room, replace the carpet and then get the new windows!! It like I cannot help but put the horse before the cart, it's just my nature. 


My bestfriend is getting married next weekend, they met, they fell in love, they moved into together, they got engaged and now they will get married and after that...well that's up to them I guess. So is that how it's all still done? Everytime I go on Facebook someone is getting engaged, planning their hen/stag do or counting down the days till their wedding day. Whereas I just made the mutual decision to put off my wedding (indefinitely) because a: we cannot afford it and b: cannot be bothered to organise it. Everytime I think about it I can feel my stress levels rise and all I want to do is go lie down in a quiet room until the noise in my head subsides. Not good right?! I just don't think I am bride material, marriage material maybe? If I don't have to organise anything...maybe we could apply for 'Don't tell the Bride'? 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment