Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

Tuesday 9 February 2010

These quiet moments make my day, we must never let them slip away...

My days are so full that I rarely have time to stop and think. Quiet moments are few and far between and with the ever increasing activities of my daughter they are becoming rarer and rarer.

However there is a time of day that I cherish, it is my favourite time. Bedtime. And not for the reasons that you may think.

For a few minutes every evening, once my daughter is changed and ready for bed and her bottle is cooling. I sit with her on my knee, her head snuggled into my chest and rest. Planting little kisses on the top of her beautiful head I take in her wonderful baby smell and enjoy the time we have together. She is so active now, that during the day cuddles have become a thing of the past. She doesn't want to sit on mummy's knee, she wants to crawl and climb and explore. But just for these few minutes every evening she will indulge me, too tired to fight or frantically struggle for freedom.

She contently sits, grasping for my hand, her little fingers entwined with mine and we are at peace with each other.
These are the moments that I live for, among all the excitement of new discoveries and watching her grow and change, tied into all the tears and tiredness are these wonderfully quiet moments and they are perfect in their simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment