Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

Monday 6 September 2010

Tantrums and tears

Emily is now 16½ months old and has recently aquired a new word in her ever expanding vocabulary. The word is 'no' and she is not afraid to use it, all the time, all day every day in fact and it would seem she understands very well in what context this word can be used. And in a strangely conincidial turn of events it would seem that when mummy uses the same word on her, it no longer has the same effect as it once did. 


Oh dear! 


People are forever telling me how much she looks like her daddy. This is very true, apart from the eyes (which are definitely mine) she is almost a daddy double. However she may look like Gavin but when it comes to her personality that's me...all me. Her temper, her hot hotheadedness, her stubbornness, her sensitivity. I can foresee plenty of tantrums and tears ahead of us and that will just be me! My mother and I had a very similar relationship, when I was young, growing up, throughout my childhood and into my adolescence!! huh...well at least we get on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment