Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

Sunday 19 September 2010

You can call me da da if you like...

Ever since my daughter could utter the word, she has always referred to both myself and Gavin as da,da. To begin with it was funny, after a few more months it became mildly amusing, a few more months later and it is now ever so slightly annoying and frustrating. If one more person looks at me sympathetically, whilst trying to reassure me that it's because 'da,da' is such an easy word, I'll scream. Never mind the fact that my daughter has an ever increasing vocabulary that includes the words 'tickle, tickle'.

You see my daughter can say ma,ma, I have heard her. She walks around the house repeatedly murmuring to herself da,da...ma,ma...nana...ba,ba. And if you point to a photo of me she will immediately utter the words 'ma,ma'. However she still refers to me as da,da when calling for me, when saying goodbye or goodnight. And no matter how many times myself, Gavin, my mother, Gavin's mother or any other array of family members respond with 'no Emily MA, MA' she still just smiles that cheeky grin and with a twinkle in her eye opens her mouth and utters 'ahhh......... da,da'.

Only 17 months old and already a comedian...

No comments:

Post a Comment